Design

Design

Saturday 7 November 2015

Teen Girl's Room Before and After




Does anyone remember this room?   You know, the room I started over a YEAR ago...well it's done...well, I'm never really done, but it's basically sort of finished :).  I know all you designers/decorators out there know what I mean...done until the next Pinterest or magazine pic makes me go a whole new direction.  Anyway, here's my daughter's "finished" teen room.  (If you haven't been following along, you can read about the process herehere and here).





Here's a little peek at what it was before... a little shabby chic with pale green walls, vintage linens and soft pink accents...it was so sweet.




Ok...back to the teen room...I basically used all the furniture from before, with the exception of the gold Target side table and just painted the walls.  There's lots of cheap in this room...everything from the found iron bed, to the valance (which is simply a table runner from Homesense that I just cut in half), to the chair that a friend gave me (thanks Deb!) to the thrift store dresser and desk.  The window valance will probably change... a little too bright for a teenager in the morning...but until I find something I really like, they'll stay.  All the artwork I made...and the pompoms below are super cheap and add some dimension and texture.







Sources

Striped Bedding, Hanging Light:  Ikea
White Blanket:  Martha Stewart (many yrs. ago)
Faux Fur Pillows:  Pier1 Imports
Chevron Pillows:  Fabricland
Gold Table:  Target
Table Lamp, Valance & Pouf: HomeSense
Striped Cushion:  SuperStore
Ceiling Light:  Home Depot
All Furniture:  Thrifted








No comments:

Post a Comment