Design

Design

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Pergola Purchase


   I finally bought a pergola!! I talked about my backyard and maybe getting a pergola here  and I'm happy to say I did it.  I've always wanted a pergola in my backyard so I was very excited to find (and purchase) this one from Home Depot.  I bought the outdoor loveseat and chairs a few years ago from the Superstore, so now I just have to get some accessories.  I love ferns, climbing vines, white drapes and lanterns so this is the look I'm going for.  I would also like a chandelier and I might just use one I already have.  


Because I'm a visual and love gardening, it's very important to me to see my garden from inside my house.  I also like to be in my garden and prefer low decks or patios.   I'm thinking of putting the pergola here (above) if it doesn't obstruct my view of the garden too much.  Since my dining room is grey and yellow, and this is the door you have to exit to get outside, I want to co-ordinate the outside with the inside. I haven't quite decided on a rug or cushions.  I'm going to have to get a rug because the paint is peeling which  I'm not too happy about.   I just painted it two years ago:(  This will be a Fall project (or maybe even Spring).  

I like elements of all three of these spaces.



 via


via Pinterest 

 via Pottery Barn




Apparently this pergola takes about 4 hrs. to put together so I'm going to have to get someone to help us.  
I'll let you know how it goes.  

You can see more 
of my pergola inspiration here.


No comments:

Post a Comment