Design

Design

Thursday 9 February 2017

Dominican Republic Part II: Gardens & Excursion #exploretransat


As promised in my previous post, here's Part II of my trip to Dominican.  If I wasn't by the pool or at the beach, you could find me wandering the winding pathways & exploring the beautifully kept gardens.
















We also did a one-day excursion from La Romana to Altos de Chavon which is a replica of a 16th century village.  Our day happened to be a rainy one (yes we had one day of rain) so not the best pics...but still quite a beautiful place to visit.  (Apparently, Michael Jackson & Lisa Marie Presley were married here...who knew?)


















And of course I had to take  a pic of the door...clearly I have a thing for doors







I also tried snorkeling on our excursion for the first time ever...it was a little scary...but I did it!  I got to see the coral reef & a black & white striped fish...very cool!

Here's a little peek into my room...I had a room to myself for a whoooole week...every mom's dream. haha




And that's my trip in a nutshell.  Had such an amazing time &  would highly recommend a trip to Dominican Republic!   Transat really made everything easy...with friendly staff...always willing to assist.

And now that I've been home for almost two weeks in the cold & the snow
 it all just seems like a dream...but a beautiful dream!



No comments:

Post a Comment