Design

Design

Monday 11 May 2015

Cottage Stalking - Jackson's Point




So now that we have warmer weather, I've totally switched from house stalking to cottage stalking.  If you follow me on Instagram you know that I recently went away for the day with some friends to Jackson's Point, ON which is on Lake Simcoe.  This place is beautiful!  It's about 45 mins North of where I live, and reminds me of Cape Cod...with gorgeous homes & cottages on one side of the road and the water on the other side.  Like most of the areas around Toronto, this place is booming... like $1 million cottages booming!  Most people are tearing down and rebuilding, so there is a real mix of old and new.




This first little blue & yellow cottage is for sale and as luck would have it, there was an open house so we all (like six of us) took a peek.  (I guess you would call what we did "open house crashing").  Here's one shot I took of the sweet inside.  It's still on the market so you can see more of it here.   


I absolutely love Craftsman, Cape Cod and Victorian homes, and there really was a mix of all three.  I kept turning my head from side to side because the houses were sooooo amazing!  






This last one is a bit of a tear down or fixer-upper.
  Personally, I like the style so I would probably fix it up.



(All photos are mine taken with my iPhone.)

It's amazing what a week of warm weather can do...these trees now have full leaves.  We seem to have completely skipped Spring and gone right to Summer here.  
I've heard some people calling it "Sprummer". 

You can check out my Pinterest boards if you want to see more houses/cottages.

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment