Design

Design

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Barn or Loft Doors



When I showed the reveal of our son's bedroom in our basement, I got quite a few people telling me they loved this barn door and were going to make one for their own home.  This is my favourite thing in the whole space!  There are so many great ideas out there.  You can make your own or use old or new doors.  You can have vertical or horizontal boards or both.   You can paint them or have them more rustic looking.  I love the idea of recycling old doors.  Here's just some of what I've seen.  

via brightboldbeautiful.com


via tidbitsandtwine.com

The one below is used to save space instead of using a pocket door.

via relaxdeco.com

This one uses old barn boards stacked horizontally.  I've also seen this done on a design show using click board flooring.


via realslidinghardware.com

via cedarhillfarmhouse.com


via lizmarieblog.com

tidbitsandtwine.com

The blue door above adds some interest down a hallway that otherwise might be a bit boring.   Below they recycled old shutters instead of using old doors.  Great idea!

via funkyjunkinteriors.com

via remodelista.com

It's always nice to add some interest and uniqueness to a home, and this is one way of doing it.  Here's a link to purchase the hardware if you are thinking of putting one in your space.  You can also purchase the hardware at many of the big box stores.

You can check out more barn doors here on my Pinterest board.




No comments:

Post a Comment