Design

Design

Monday 4 August 2014

Teen Room Update





Here's a little peek at what I've been up to the last couple weeks.  We finally got around to painting my 
daughter's room, and...what a transformation.  I love it.  More importantly, she loves it!

I decided to paint two walls black and the rest of the walls cream.  This bed will probably look more like a daybed when it's done, but I just wanted to show you the progress.  She's on the fence about keeping this gorgeous iron bed, which I absolutely love.  My sister found it in her barn - can you believe that?  I love it against the black wall.




We've also had some fun this summer doing some "glam" projects for her room.  We hacked this Ikea wooden drawer set (which I don't think is available anymore) by painting it black and adding some "bedazzle".   I purchased these "jewels" from a dollar store and then glued them on with  fabric glue.  They come in adhesive strips of about 12, but the adhesive isn't that strong so I had to use a stronger glue.  A bit tedious, but worth the effort.






I also traced her initial, "B", and outlined it in "pearls" and used the same process above to apply them.






I'm thinking of making this for lighting in her room to add some real drama against the black wall.  I'm also going to be busy painting some of the old furniture, so I'll keep you posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment