Design

Design

Friday 31 January 2014

Original Art




Just thought I'd share the amazing art we were recently given.  Brian "Lex" Leuthel who is a local artist painted the one above using a combination of oil and water paints. (He's working on a pilot show right now with my husband so you may see him on TV some day soon.  I'll keep you posted.)  I wasn't quite sure where to put it, but then I decided to use it as a headboard in my son's room.   

Here's what it looks like as a headboard. 









The pic above is our "art" before which was a broken skateboard with some skateboard labels on canvass - now that's cheap decorating.


My sister, who is also an artist, painted this picture above for my daughter.  She does a lot of commissioned work and does an awesome job - thanks Shelley.  You can see the original picture below.








Here's some pics of the new art on my daughter's desk with a pom pom above.  I love these pom poms, and they're easy to make.  They remind me of a Ju Ju Feather Hat.   You can check out more pom poms with Martha Stewart.






Here's a pic of a Ju Ju Feather Hat courtesy of Houzz in case you were wondering what the heck I was talking about.





No comments:

Post a Comment